Saturday, May 8, 2010

About Guinea Pigs










"Dear Friend:
Suppose I came to you..........sat facing you........and made you this proposition:--

To furnish you with an animal which is one of the fastest breeders and money makers known.

An animal less harmful than our cats and dogs or any other pets you may have.

An animal which has greater commercial demand than all other pet animals combined.

An animal that gives his life blood that you and I and other humans may live.

An animal from which more can be made during your spare time than you now earn all week.

An animal which could eventually make you independent of all other labor. You would undoubtedly say. "Show me."

----------------- THAT'S JUST WHAT I'LL DO -----------------"

Ok, I will stop there. This books knows what's up -- Guineas are the S. Too bad the whole point of this book is raising GPs to sell to laboratories, that part is not the S. Anyway, it is a pretty hilarious piece of history. You pick it up thinking that it will be a book on Guinea care. Instead it claims you can pay your way through college by selling Guineas. Hmm, my only problem would be that I would want to KEEP all the Guineas. Anyway, shout out to Kelly, for finding this little gem of Guinea Culture.










No comments:

Post a Comment